Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The Greatest Opening Lines.

Sometimes, I find myself experiencing an opening line to a book, song, or poem that is wonderous. And, since I know you little monkeys have opinions on the matter, I figured I'd open the floor up. I'll start it off with some entries (in no particular order.)


"Call me Ishmael"

-Moby Dick, Herman Melville



"Wasting away the hours that make up a lonely day/
fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way"

-Time, Pink Floyd


"Dearly beloved,
We are gathered here today
2 get through this thing called life"

-Let's Get Crazy, Prince


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Just a small town girl,
Livin' in a lonely world,
She took the midnight train doing anywhere..."

- Steve Perry, JourneyWe are all that small town girl ... taking the midnight train of life.