Monday, May 24, 2004

A New Perspective...


I can't help but wonder how many more nights of boozin' it up old-school style watching a ballgame or doing a crossword puzzle I have left in me. I'm sure it's a pathetic amount; to the tune of twice or (gulp) even thrice the amount a normal human being encounters in their ENTIRE LIFE. Yep, I was built for endurance. Along the way to utter liver failure, I've found many pastimes to help amuse me in between the hours of 10am and 830pm, when all I can do is pretend to work, and dream of boobies. Sometimes those pastimes are regal, noble even: baseball, learning a language, seeing how many words i can make out of "Our Lady of Fatima," stuff like that. Other times, well, it's not so pretty.

But what of this pastime of pub madness? For some time, I've pondered the ramifications of such a lifestyle. There are those who think it's not such a good idea. But I can't, for the life of me, figure out why. I mean, it's not's like I'm drinking myself under the table seven days a week. Frequently, it's nothing more than a ginger ale and the NY Times. There are many people who have a drink when they get home from work, right? Or hit the local happy hour? Well, my apartment has too much brown in it, and my happy hour is from 10pm to 11pm. So? I've decided to stop worrying about it, at least for the moment. Besides I have a new diversion to amuse me for the moment.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I simply must be off to watch the "Back To The Future" trilogy. (Oh, Doc Brown, will you ever win?)

No comments: